Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Catching Up

So I suck at keeping this up so there will be many updates written today :)

1-10-09

Angela and I decided we wanted baby slings and figured we were crafty enough to make them ourselves so we loaded up our babies and went to JoAnn's and picked out fabric. I also decided I wanted to make Olivia a little taggies blanket so I got the materials to make that too! We went back to Angela's and made a practice sling to make sure we could do it without messing up. Well we could! But in the process the sewing machine broke. So we cut out the fabric and called it a day. The next day Olivia and I went to Vanessa's to finish up and couldn't figure out how to make the sling without turning it into a pillow case. Well the next day we figured it out and here is the finished product! It's a little long and I still haven't shortened it but it serves its purpose :)


Here's a picture of Olivia and Aunt Vanessa while mommy sewed!

Since I've only sewed about 3 things in my entire life I made a teeny tiny practice of the tag blanket too! Here is a picture of Olivia holding onto it. I think she likes it!
Hopefully I will get around the making the bigger version of the blanket sometime soon!

No comments: